The beautiful Shenandoah Valley…
so much to see and do!
If you choose to leave the comfort of your cabin, much awaits you outside your door!
- The major attractions are Shenandoah National Park/Skyline Drive where you can drive, hike, and explore for hours or days and Luray Caverns where underground formations will amaze and delight guests of all ages.
- While in Luray, be sure to enjoy the Hawksbill Greenway with its fantastic walking/biking trail along a rushing creek.
- More interested in horses? Horseback riding by the hour or by the day can be found at Fort Valley Ranch or Jordan Hollow Stables.
- Are you more of a water person? Head to Shenandoah River Adventures or Shenandoah River Outfitters and spend a couple of hours or the whole day on the beautiful Shenandoah River.
- If golfing is more your idea of fun, take in 18 holes at the Shenvalee Golf Resort or Caverns Country Club Resort … or the little ones may prefer mini golf and the water park at Yogi Bear’s Park.
- Everyone will enjoy Lake Arrowhead’s fishing, boating, BBQ facilities, and swimming/relaxing at the beach area. Wineries, historic sites, fairs & festivals, and more indoor and outdoor fun can be found by clicking on the tabs below!
Delicious local restaurants…*denotes w/in a mile or two of the cabins…click each to go to their website or FB page:
*Ciro’s Pizza & Subs
Claymore’s Celtic Pub
Dominicos Italian Restaurant
55 East Main Brew House & Grill
Gennaro’s Italian Restaurant
Rancho Viejo Mexican Grill
Thornton River Grille (Sperryville)
*Tony’s Italian Restaurant
West Main Market
Discover the Blue Ridge Whisky Wine Loop!
Wisteria Farm & Vineyard (Owner’s Tip: Wisteria Farm & Vineyard is only a mile away!)
Castle Vineyards (Owner’s Tip: Castle Vineyards is in Luray!)
Cave Ridge Vineyard
The Winery at Kindred Pointe
Wolf Gap Vineyard and Winery
Glen Manor Vineyards
North Mountain Vineyards
Cedar Creek Winery
Wicked Oak Farms & Vineyard
Valerie Hill Vineyard & Winery
Lexington Valley Vineyard
Jump Mountain Vineyard
Barren Ridge Vineyards
Blue Ridge Vineyard
Copper Fox Distillery
And if beer is more to your tastes, don’t despair!
Hawksbill Brewing Company – a craft brewery only 10 minutes from your cabin!
Beerwerks Trail – a full listing of area breweries, a trail map, and upcoming events!
Let someone else to the driving!
Time 2 Wine Tours – for shuttle service as well as tour services for both beer AND wine drinkers!
If the weather moves you indoors, no worries! You can stay in the cabin and enjoy some reading, relaxing, or hot tub time on the deck. Or there’s plenty of indoor fun in the area:
Walking, dining & shopping along Luray’s Main Street – MUST SEE Hawksbill Trading Company and the Warehouse Art Gallery
Luray Caverns (10 minutes from the cabin) – free w/ticket: two museums, Garden Maze, and Rope Adventure Park
Cooters Place in the Valley – (calling all Dukes of Hazard fans!)
Massanutten Resort Indoor Water Park
If horseback riding, playing on the Shenandoah River, exploring Shenandoah National Park, golfing, fishing (all mentioned above with links) aren’t enough for you, there’s more to explore! Follow the links below to discover even more things to do in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley:
George Washington National Forest
Mt. Crawford Creamery
Rte 11 Chip Factory
Page Valley Fly Fishing
Bear Mountain Zip Lines
River Hill Distillery
Birdsong Pleasure Garden
Hawksbill Recreation Park
Flying Rabbit Sporting Clays
The Commonwealth of Virginia, Old Dominion, the Mother of Presidents…all these names give rightful and proper value to Virginia as an integral part of our nation’s history. This Virginia history is within your reach when you are in the Shenandoah Valley, home of fierce Civil War battles and neighbor to three Presidential Homes, the Virginia Military Institute, and so much more.
Virginia Museum of the Civil War
Luray Valley Museum (wonderful small museum, included in your Luray Caverns admission)
Page County, Virginia in the Civil War
Virginia Civil War Trail
Virginia.org Civil War links
Lexington, VA – home of VMI, Stonewall Jackson House, and more
James Madison’s Montpelier
Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello
James Monroe’s Ash Lawn-Highland
Woodrow Wilson Presidential Library
Frontier Culture Museum
Luray Valley Museum
Enjoy live theatre, current movies in quaint historic buildings, concerts of all types, even Shakespearean drama! Click the venues below for details and be sure to check the Local Links tab for links to even more entertainment options.
View Luray Area Attractions in a larger map