Things To Do for days!
The major MUST SEE attractions are Shenandoah National Park/Skyline Drive where you can drive, hike & explore for hours or days and Luray Caverns where underground formations will amaze and delight guests of all ages.
But there’s much more, within minutes of our properties!
Horseback Riding ~ Ziplining ~ Fishing ~ ATV riding ~ Antiquing ~ 18 hole & mini golf ~ Lake Arrowhead swimming ~ biking, walking, or wading along Hawksbill Greenway ~ Massunutten Resort Water Park ~ Massanutten Resort winter sports ~ Wineries ~ Craft Breweries ~ Cideries & Distilleries ~ Shopping ~ Antiquing ~ Historical Sites ~ Dining ~ Theatre ~ Outdoor Concerts ~ Festivals ~ Kayaking/canoeing/tubing/fishing on the Shenandoah River
Delicious local restaurants…
***denotes w/in a mile or two of the cabins
Always call ahead for days of operation and hours; our local restaurants are family-owned and most owners take a day or two off each week!
- Anthony’s Pizza (Luray)
- Baby Moon’s (Luray)
- Big Meadows Lodge Dining Room (seasonal) (Shen Natl Park)
- Brookside Restaurant (Luray)
- Camino Real (Luray)
- Circa ’31 (Luray)
- ***Ciro’s Pizza & Subs (Stanley)
- Dominicos Italian Restaurant (Luray)
- ***DR’s Quick Stop (Stanley) – the BEST fried chicken around!
- El Paso Mexican Grille(Elkton)
- Fairview Grocery and Deli (Luray)
- Gathering Grounds(Luray)
- Goodfellas (Elkton)
- ***Hawksbill Diner (Stanley)
- Il Vesuvio Italian (Luray)
- Jackson’s Corner Coffee Roastery and Cafe (New Market)
- Jalisco Mexican Restaurant (New Market)
- Jess’ Main Street Bar & Grill (Luray)
- Main Street Bakery + Catering (Luray)
- Mamma Mia’s Italian Restaurant (Shenandoah)
- Mr. Garcia’s Mexican Grille & Cantina (Shenandoah)
- Off the Grid (Sperryville)
- Rancho Viejo Mexican Grill (Luray)
- Rappahannock Pizza Kitchen (Sperryville)
- Rudy’s Diner (Shenandoah)
- Rudy’s Roadside (Luray)
- Southern Kitchen (New Market)
- Skyland Pollock Dining Room (seasonal) (Shen Natl Park)
- Sperryville Trading Cafe & Market (Sperryville)
- The Speakeasy (Luray)
- The Valley Cork (Luray)
- Three Blacksmiths (Sperryville)
- Triple Crown BBQ (Luray – seasonal, lmtd days)
- West Main Market (Luray)
Ice Cream! Flotzie’s (seasonal) – a local favorite! (Luray)
Fast Food! McDonalds, Burger King, Taco Bell, Subway, and Dunkin Donuts (Luray)
WINERIES, BREWERIES, CIDERIES & DISTILLERIES
The Shenandoah Valley has clearly emerged as a regional wine leader in the eastern United States and the craft brewery, cidery, and distillery options will not disappoint either! Many are located within easy driving distance of this cabin.
We highly recommend our extremely unique local options: Wisteria Farm & Vineyard is only a mile away and a few miles down the road in downtown Luray you will find The Valley Cork and Hawksbill Brewery. Two local distilleries, River Hill Distillery in Luray and Copper Fox Distillery in Sperryville are wonderful destinations as well. And if hard cider is your pleasure, check out Showalter’s Orchard in Luray, Old Hill Cider in Timberville, or Ciderworks in Winchester.
Visit ShenandoahSpiritsTrail.com for a wonderful compilation of wineries, breweries, cideries & distilleries from Harrisonburg to Winchester.
Visit ShenandoahValleyWineTrail.com for complete information and a trail map of area wineries.
Visit BeerwerksTrail.com for complete information on breweries in the Shenandoah Valley, along with a trail map and upcoming events.
If the weather moves you indoors, you may not mind! There’s plenty of indoor fun in the area:
- Walking and dining along Luray’s quintessential Main Street
- Unique, boutique shopping at Hawksbill Trading Company, Nest and Hive, Massanutten Country Corner, Virginia Gift Shop, Shenandoah Moon, Compass Tea Room, Pottery Lady, Appalachian Outfitters, Southern Accents, Switz Mix Records, Shenandoah General Store, and the Warehouse Art Gallery
- More boutiques & antiques along S Congress Street in New Market
- Visit downtown Sperryville and be sure to stop in The Happy Camper Equipment Company for great gifts and outdoor finds (ps – it’s not just for campers!)
- The Warehouse Art Gallery
- Luray Caverns (10 minutes from the cabin) – free w/ticket: access to two museums
- Endless Caverns, Shenandoah Caverns, or Skyline Caverns
- Page Theatre
- Cooters Place in the Valley – (calling all Dukes of Hazard fans!)
- Escape 211
- Rte 11 Chip Factory
- Massanutten Resort Indoor Water Park
- Historic homes & museums, see “Historic” tab
Our outdoor fun is meant to be discovered and enjoyed!
- Shenandoah National Park – click here for our helpful guide!
- Hawksbill Greenway
- Lake Arrowhead
- Horseback riding at Fort Valley Ranch, River’s Bend Ranch, or Jordan Hollow Stables
- Fun on the Shenandoah River at Shenandoah River Adventures or Shenandoah River Outfitters
- Fishing along the Shenandoah River, Hawksbill Creek, or Lake Arrowhead
- Appalachian Adventures
- Garden Maze and Rope Adventure Park at Luray Caverns
- George Washington National Forest
- Star Ballooning – for a unique adventure, take a ride in a hot air balloon – great for marriage proposals!
- Shenandoah Speedway
- Mt. Crawford Creamery
- Page Valley Fly Fishing
- Bear Mountain Zip Lines
- 18 hole golf at Shenvalee Golf Resort or Caverns Country Club Resort
- Mini golf and water park at Yogi Bear’s Park
- Birdsong Pleasure Garden
- Hawksbill Recreation Park
- Flying Rabbit Sporting Clays
- Showalter’s Orchard
The Commonwealth of Virginia, Old Dominion, the Mother of Presidents…all these names give rightful and proper value to Virginia as an integral part of our nation’s history. This Virginia history is within your reach when you are in the Shenandoah Valley, home of fierce Civil War battles and neighbor to three Presidential Homes, the Virginia Military Institute, and so much more.
- Virginia Museum of the Civil War
- Luray Valley Museum (incl w/your Luray Caverns admission)
- Car and Carriage Museum (incl w/your Luray Caverns admission)
- Page County, Virginia in the Civil War
- Virginia Civil War Trail
- Virginia.org Civil War links
- Lexington, VA – home of VMI, Stonewall Jackson House, and more
- James Madison’s Montpelier
- Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello
- James Monroe’s Ash Lawn-Highland
- Woodrow Wilson Presidential Library
- Frontier Culture Museum
Enjoy live theatre, current movies in quaint historic buildings, concerts of all types, even Shakespearean drama! Click the venues below for details and be sure to check the Local Links tab for links to even more entertainment options.
We offer mid-week & off-peak specials and getaway packages as low as $300/2 nights!
- Skyline Drive/Shenandoah National Park – hiking, biking, picnicking, driving, Ranger-led programs, Skyland and Big Meadows Lodges open seasonally (restaurants)
- Luray Caverns – maze, ropes course, and museums also located there (museums are free w/your Caverns ticket)
- Hawksbill Greenway in Luray – biking, walking, wading, fishing, swimming, picnicking, feed the ducks! Grab sandwiches at West Main Market on Main Street and walk down to the Greenway for a picnic.
- Trail rides at Fort Valley Ranch (Luray), Rivers Bend Ranch (Stanley) or Jordan Hollow Stables (Stanley)
- Fairview Country Market – 101 S Antioch Road, Luray. Charming grocer offering groceries, sandwiches, old fashioned candy, and homemade donuts every other Sat morning (get there by 9 am!)
- Miniature golf and outdoor water park at Yogi Bear’s Park
- Ice cream at Flotzie’s (WalMart shopping center, open seasonally)
- Lake Arrowhead (seasonal) – swimming, boating, fishing, picnicking, public beach, pavilions
- Hawksbill Recreation Park (seasonal) – outdoor pool, tot lot
- Great hikes: Storybook Trail in Luray, Stonyman Trail in Shenandoah Nat’l Park, and around Lake Arrowhead
- Massanutten Resort – snow tubing/skiing/snowboarding (cold months) and an amazing indoor water park (year-round)
- Mt Crawford Creamery and Rte 11 Chip Factory
- And of course campfires under the stars in your fire pit at the cabin!