Things to Do
The beautiful Shenandoah Valley… so much to see and do!
- The major attractions are Shenandoah National Park/Skyline Drive where you can drive, hike, and explore for hours or days and Luray Caverns where underground formations will amaze and delight guests of all ages.
- While in Luray, be sure to enjoy the Hawksbill Greenway with its fantastic walking/biking trail along a rushing creek.
- More interested in horses? Horseback riding by the hour or by the day can be found at Fort Valley Ranch or Jordan Hollow Stables.
- Are you more of a water person? Head to Shenandoah River Adventures or Shenandoah River Outfitters and spend a couple of hours or the whole day on the beautiful Shenandoah River.
- If golfing is more your idea of fun, take in 18 holes at the Shenvalee Golf Resort or Caverns Country Club Resort … or the little ones may prefer mini golf and the water park at Yogi Bear’s Park.
- Everyone will enjoy Lake Arrowhead’s fishing, boating, BBQ facilities, and swimming/relaxing at the beach area. Wineries, historic sites, fairs & festivals, and more indoor and outdoor fun can be found by clicking on the tabs below!
Delicious local restaurants…
***denotes w/in a mile or two of the cabins.
- Baby Moon’s
- Brookside Restaurant
- Circa 31
- ***Ciro’s Pizza & Subs
- Dan’s Steakhouse
- Dominicos Italian Restaurant
- Gathering Grounds
- Gennaro’s Italian Restaurant
- ***Hawksbill Diner
- Rancho Viejo Mexican Grill
- The Speakeasy
- Thornton River Grille (Sperryville)
- ***Tony’s Italian Restaurant
- West Main Market
- Discover the Blue Ridge Whisky Wine Loop!
- Wisteria Farm & Vineyard (Owner’s Tip: Wisteria Farm & Vineyard is only a mile away!)
- Castle Vineyards (Owner’s Tip: Castle Vineyards is in Luray!)
- Rappahannock Cellars
- Cave Ridge Vineyard
- The Winery at Kindred Pointe
- Wolf Gap Vineyard and Winery
- Shenandoah Vineyards
- Muse Vineyards
- Glen Manor Vineyards
- Trump Winery
- North Mountain Vineyards
- Cedar Creek Winery
- Wicked Oak Farms & Vineyard
And if beer is more to your tastes, don’t despair!
- Hawksbill Brewing Company – a craft brewery only 10 minutes from your cabin!
- Beerwerks Trail – a full listing of area breweries, a trail map, and upcoming events!
- Hopkins Ordinary Ale Works
Let someone else to the driving!
Time 2 Wine Tours – for shuttle service as well as tour services for both beer AND wine drinkers!
If the weather moves you indoors, no worries! You can stay in the cabin and enjoy some reading, relaxing, or hot tub time on the deck. Or there’s plenty of indoor fun in the area:
- Walking, dining & shopping along Luray’s Main Street
- MUST SEE Hawksbill Trading Company
- The Warehouse Art Gallery
- Luray Caverns (10 minutes from the cabin) – free w/ticket: two museums, Garden Maze, and Rope Adventure Park
- Endless Caverns
- Shenandoah Caverns
- Skyline Caverns
- Cooters Place in the Valley – (calling all Dukes of Hazard fans!)
- Luray Zoo
- Massanutten Resort Indoor Water Park
If horseback riding, playing on the Shenandoah River, exploring Shenandoah National Park, golfing, fishing (all mentioned above with links) aren’t enough for you, there’s more to explore! Follow the links below to discover even more things to do in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley:
- Appalachian Adventures
- George Washington National Forest
- Shenandoah Speedway
- Mt. Crawford Creamery
- Rte 11 Chip Factory
- Page Valley Fly Fishing
- Bear Mountain Zip Lines
- Birdsong Pleasure Garden
- Hawksbill Greenway
- Hawksbill Recreation Park
- Flying Rabbit Sporting Clays
- Showalter’s Orchard
The Commonwealth of Virginia, Old Dominion, the Mother of Presidents…all these names give rightful and proper value to Virginia as an integral part of our nation’s history. This Virginia history is within your reach when you are in the Shenandoah Valley, home of fierce Civil War battles and neighbor to three Presidential Homes, the Virginia Military Institute, and so much more.
- Virginia Museum of the Civil War
- Luray Valley Museum (wonderful small museum, included in your Luray Caverns admission)
- Page County, Virginia in the Civil War
- Virginia Civil War Trail
- Virginia.org Civil War links
- Lexington, VA – home of VMI, Stonewall Jackson House, and more
- James Madison’s Montpelier
- Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello
- James Monroe’s Ash Lawn-Highland
- Woodrow Wilson Presidential Library
- Frontier Culture Museum
- Luray Valley Museum
Enjoy live theatre, current movies in quaint historic buildings, concerts of all types, even Shakespearean drama! Click the venues below for details and be sure to check the Local Links tab for links to even more entertainment options.