So many Things To Do in the Shenandoah Valley!
The major MUST SEE attractions are Shenandoah National Park/Skyline Drive
where you can drive, hike & explore for hours or days and Luray Caverns
where underground formations will amaze and delight guests of all ages.
But there’s much more, within minutes of our properties!
In the warmer months, you can enjoy horseback riding, ziplining, ATV riding, kayaking/canoeing/tubing/fishing on the Shenandoah River, 18 hole & mini golf, or fun at Lake Arrowhead & along the gorgeous Hawksbill Greenway.
In the colder season, Massanutten Resort is right down the road and offers skiing, snow tubing, snow boarding, and more.
And all year long you can enjoy our wineries, breweries, cideries & distilleries, historical sites, shopping, dining, and theatres. Of course, you can always just cozy up to the fireplace or the outdoor fire pit at the cabin and relax, star gaze, and watch the wildlife!
Delicious local restaurants…
***denotes w/in a mile or two of the cabins.
- Anthony’s Pizza
- Big Meadows Lodge Dining Room
- Brookside Restaurant
- Camino Real
- Circa ’31
- ***Ciro’s Pizza & Subs
- Daisy’s Diner (inside Cooter’s)
- Dominicos Italian Restaurant
- Fairview Grocery and Deli
- Gathering Grounds
- Gennaro’s Italian Restaurant
- ***Hawksbill Diner
- Main Street Bakery + Catering
- Rancho Viejo Mexican Grill
- Rudy’s Diner
- Skyland Pollock Dining Room
- The Speakeasy
- The Valley Cork
- Thornton River Grille (Sperryville)
- ***Tony’s Italian Restaurant
- Uncle Buck’s
- West Main Market
WINERIES, BREWERIES, CIDERIES & DISTILLERIES
The Shenandoah Valley has clearly emerged as a regional wine leader in the eastern United States and the craft brewery, cidery, and distillery options will not disappoint either! Many are located within easy driving distance of this cabin.
We highly recommend our extremely unique local options: Wisteria Farm & Vineyard is only a mile away and a few miles down the road in downtown Luray you will find The Valley Cork and Hawksbill Brewery. Two local distilleries, River Hill Distillery in Luray and Copper Fox Distillery in Sperryville are wonderful destinations as well. And if hard cider is your pleasure, check out Showalter’s Orchard in Luray, Old Hill Cider in Timberville, or Ciderworks in Winchester.
Visit ShenandoahSpiritsTrail.com for a wonderful compilation of wineries, breweries, cideries & distilleries from Harrisonburg to Winchester.
Visit ShenandoahValleyWineTrail.com for complete information and a trail map of area wineries.
Visit BeerwerksTrail.com for complete information on breweries in the Shenandoah Valley, along with a trail map and upcoming events.
Please be responsible and do not drink and drive. In fact, let someone else do the driving: Time 2 Wine Tours – for shuttle and tour services.
If the weather moves you indoors, you may not mind! There’s plenty of indoor fun in the area:
- Walking and dining along Luray’s quintessential Main Street
- Unique, boutique shopping at Hawksbill Trading Company, Massanutten Country Corner, Virginia Gift Shop, Shenandoah Moon, Compass Tea Room, Pottery Lady, Appalachian Outfitters, Southern Accents, Switz Mix Records, Mama’s Treasures, Shenandoah General Store, and the Warehouse Art Gallery
- More boutiques & antiques along S Congress Street in New Market
- The Warehouse Art Gallery
- Luray Caverns (10 minutes from the cabin) – free w/ticket: access to two museums
- Endless Caverns, Shenandoah Caverns, or Skyline Caverns
- Cooters Place in the Valley – (calling all Dukes of Hazard fans!)
- Escape 211
- Rte 11 Chip Factory
- Luray Zoo
- Massanutten Resort Indoor Water Park
Our outdoor fun is meant to be discovered and enjoyed!
- Hawksbill Greenway
- Lake Arrowhead
- Horseback riding at Fort Valley Ranch River’s Bend Ranch or Jordan Hollow Stables
- Fun on the Shenandoah River at Shenandoah River Adventures or Shenandoah River Outfitters
- Fishing along the Shenandoah River, Hawksbill Creek, or Lake Arrowhead
- Appalachian Adventures
- Garden Maze and Rope Adventure Park at Luray Caverns
- George Washington National Forest
- Shenandoah Speedway
- Mt. Crawford Creamery
- Page Valley Fly Fishing
- Bear Mountain Zip Lines
- 18 hole golf at Shenvalee Golf Resort or Caverns Country Club Resort
- Mini golf and water park at Yogi Bear’s Park
- Birdsong Pleasure Garden
- Hawksbill Recreation Park
- Flying Rabbit Sporting Clays
- Showalter’s Orchard
The Commonwealth of Virginia, Old Dominion, the Mother of Presidents…all these names give rightful and proper value to Virginia as an integral part of our nation’s history. This Virginia history is within your reach when you are in the Shenandoah Valley, home of fierce Civil War battles and neighbor to three Presidential Homes, the Virginia Military Institute, and so much more.
- Virginia Museum of the Civil War
- Luray Valley Museum (wonderful small museum, included in your Luray Caverns admission)
- Page County, Virginia in the Civil War
- Virginia Civil War Trail
- Virginia.org Civil War links
- Lexington, VA – home of VMI, Stonewall Jackson House, and more
- James Madison’s Montpelier
- Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello
- James Monroe’s Ash Lawn-Highland
- Woodrow Wilson Presidential Library
- Frontier Culture Museum
- Luray Valley Museum
Enjoy live theatre, current movies in quaint historic buildings, concerts of all types, even Shakespearean drama! Click the venues below for details and be sure to check the Local Links tab for links to even more entertainment options.
Luray Mountain Cabins has collaborated w/local businesses to offer you some wonderful specials!
Most are for mid-week (Sun-Thurs) but some are for any day of the week!
Note: Please contact each business directly for their most current rates/specials.
These first three offers are exclusively for Luray Mountain Cabin Guests Only:
Fort Valley Ranch
Mountain horseback rides into the National Forest – hourly, half-day, and full-day rides.
- For Luray Mountain Cabin guests only:
- EVERY DAY, all year, 10% off trail rides.
- Must bring coupon (in cabin) or Luray Mountain Cabins business card
- Mention discount when making reservation.
- FortValleyStable.com or 540-933-6633
Luray Rescue Zoo
Offering 80 indoor reptile exhibits, outdoor exhibits, a petting zoo, and a Jungle Gift Shop.
- For Luray Mountain Cabin guests only
- Tues/Wed/Thurs $2 off all tickets…November through February only.
- Must bring coupon (in cabin) or Luray Mountain Cabins business card and mention discount.
- Visit them on FB or at 1087 US Hwy 211 West, Luray or call 540-743-4113.
Integrated Body Works
Therapeutic massage therapist with 25 years experience, trained in several different modalities.
- Monday through Thursday, schedule a 1-hr massage and receive a free Ecofin treatment for hands.
- Must mention special when scheduling your appointment.
- Call Kris 540-860-0820
- Visit IntegratedBodyWorksInc.com
And we have made arrangements for the following offers to be available to the general public:
Luray Mountain Cabins
Sunday through Thursday Special: As low as $300/two nights, inquire for availability. LurayMountainCabins.com or 410-991-2514.
Shenandoah River Outfitters
Canoeing, kayaking, tubing, and rafting on the beautiful Shenandoah River.
- Monday through Friday Special: “11 AM Mid-Week Special”- 3 hour flat water canoe trip only $47/canoe or $33/single kayak.
- MUST arrive by 11 AM.
- Reservations recommended, not required.
- Visit Shenandoah-River.com or 540-743-4159
Flotzies Soft Serve Ice Cream
Serving delightful ice cream treats 7 days/week in season – cones, sundaes, banana splits, Flotzies floats, shakes & more.
- Tuesday’s Special is “Bring Your Own Banana, ½ Price Banana Split”
- Wednesday is Senior Discount Day (15% off for guests aged 55+).
- Open mid-March to mid-November.
- Visit Flotzie’s on FB or come eat at 1034 B US Hwy 211 West, Luray.
Gennaro’s Italian Restaurant
Authentic Italian Cuisine including pizza, pasta, unique Italian dishes, sandwiches & subs, salads and more.
- All week: small cheese steak or ital sub w/FF & drink ($8.25), two crazy burgers w/FF & drink ($10.99)
- 16 inch 3 topping pizza ($10.99)
- Buy 3 subs, get 1 large sub free…and more specials!
- Visit Gennaro’s on FB, at 402 W Main Street Luray or call 540-743-2200.
Offering river fun (fishing, jet skis, canoes/kayaks) & mountain fun (ATV’s, outdoor range & professional hunts).
- Special Offer: 10% off 2 hr ATV trips on Wednesday/Thursday/Friday
- Advance reservations required!
- Visit Appalachian-Adventures.com or 540-743-7311
Family owned & operated for over 100 years, local grocer serving groceries, deli sandwiches, ice cream, local hard ciders, VA wines & more.
- Specials: Monday: free small ice cream cone w/purchase of any sandwich.
- Wednesday: homemade sloppy joe sandwich ($4.25) w/homemade coleslaw ($4.50).
- Visit them on FB, in person at 101 S Antioch Rd, Luray. 540-743-5602.
River Hill Distillery
Distillery offering aged bourbon whiskey, corn whiskey & fruit wines w/most ingredients directly sourced from their farm.
- Special: Sunday through Thursday, free tour w/free wine or whiskey tasting
- Advance reservations required.
- Visit RiverHillDistillery.com or call 540-843-0890.
The SpeakEasy Restaurant
Located inside the historic Mimslyn Inn, local hangout offering bar & casual dining w/fresh and interesting comfort food.
- Weekly live music. Monday: 2/$25 select entrees
- Tuesday: Taco Tuesday ($1 tacos)
- Wednesday: All you can eat pasta $9.95
- Thursday: $5 burgers
- Friday: half off bottle of wine (select bottles)
- Visit at 401 W Main Street Luray or mimslyninn.com.
Compass Tea Room
Tea Room featuring 60+ teas, delectable sweets, boutique clothing & jewelry and more.
- First Monday of every month, from 10 am-6 pm, half price brewed or iced tea (excluding loose tea)
- Coincides with “Tea & Stories for Children” at 4 pm.
- Find them on FB or at 5 Broad Street, Luray.
Tony’s Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria
Delicious pizza, sandwiches, entrees, and more.
- Tuesdays: $5.99 Large Cheese Pizza
- Visit at 115 E Main Street Stanley or call 540-778-1327.
Custom handmade furniture, country/primitive home décor, full service florist and more!
- “10% Tuesdays!” – offering 10% off ANYTHING in either their Stanley or Shenandoah stores.
- Must mention “10% Tuesday” to receive discount.
- Stanley store (5558 US Hwy 340) Shenandoah store (601 S Third St)
- Visit Southern Accents on FB.
Authentic Mexican recipes handed down from the owner’s grandmother.
- Offering 10% off lunch or dinner check (excluding alcohol) ANY DAY.
- Must ask for 10% discount to receive.
- Look for them on Camino Real of Luray on FB
- Stop by 599 Hwy 340 South, Luray. Call 540-743-5300.
Arts & Artisans Fine Art Gallery
Cathie Miranda Potterylady, creating beautiful wheel-thrown & hand-crafted pottery.
- Offering“Mug Monday” with 15% off all hand-crafted pottery mugs.
- Visit her FB page or the Gallery at 4 East Main Street, Luray.
Southern diner specializing in fresh hand-cut fries, padded hamburgers, hand-cut ribeyes & more.
- All specials incl a drink!
- Monday: spaghetti, garlic brd, salad $9.09
- Tuesday: taco salad $8.29
- Wednesday: two chili dogs w/fries $6.89
- Thursday: pulled pork sandwich w/fries $8.29
- Sunday: hot turkey sandwich w/2 sides $8.19
- Look for them on FB, visit at 418 N 5th St Shenandoah or call 540-652-2002.
- Luray Zoo
- Skyline Drive/Shenandoah National Park – hiking, biking, picnicking, driving, Ranger-led programs, Skyland and Big Meadows Lodges open seasonally (restaurants)
- Luray Caverns – maze, ropes course, and museums also located there (museums are free w/your Caverns ticket)
- Hawksbill Greenway in Luray – biking, walking, wading, fishing, swimming, picnicking, feed the ducks! Grab sandwiches at West Main Market on Main Street and walk down to the Greenway for a picnic.
- Trail rides at Fort Valley Ranch (Luray), Rivers Bend Ranch (Stanley) or Jordan Hollow Stables (Stanley)
- Fairview Country Market – 101 S Antioch Road, Luray. Charming grocer offering groceries, sandwiches, old fashioned candy, and homemade donuts on Sat mornings (get there by 9 am!)
- Miniature golf and outdoor water park at Yogi’s Park
- Ice cream at Flotzie’s (WalMart shopping center, open seasonally)
- Lake Arrowhead (seasonal) – swimming, boating, fishing, picnicking, public beach, pavilions
- Hawksbill Recreation Park (seasonal) – outdoor pool, tot lot
- Great hikes: Storybook Trail in Luray, Stonyman Trail in Shenandoah Nat’l Park, and around Lake Arrowhead
- Massanutten Resort – snow tubing (cold months) and an amazing indoor water park (year-round)
- Mt Crawford Creamery and Rte 11 Chip Factory
- And of course campfires under the stars in your fire pit at the cabin!